Microsoft Interview Experience Set 3
Microsoft came for Full Time IDC recruitment in our campus.
Online test on CoCubes contains 3 Coding Questions (Only Function to complete)
- Find the nth number that contains the digit k or is divisible by k. (2 <= k <= 9)Example -if n = 15 & k = 3Answer : 33(3, 6, 9, 12, 13, 15, 18, 21, 23, 24, 27, 30, 31, 32, 33)
- Add two binary number represented as strings.Example -num1 = 101101 & num2 = 1011Answer : 111000
- Find the sum of all nodes that have no child at minimum level. Return -1 if root is NULLExample –
7 3 9 4
Answer: 14 (7+3+4)
After this round 11 are shortlisted for direct interview. I was one of them.Many are selected form Group Fly round where they were asked to do paper coding.After Group Fly 14 more are selected for interviews.
Face to Face Technical Interview Round (35 minutes)
- Discussion on Project?
- Difference between Process & Thread?
- How web browsers use process & Threads, which is faster firefox or chrome and how?
- How a Quad Core processor works?
- What is tail command?
- Given a very large file of unknown size, how will you print the last n lines (Number of lines not known)?
- Write a program to connect next left node in a binary tree. Also first node of each level should be pointing to last node of next level? (Without using Queue)
- Write a program to reverse a linked list in group of given size?
Some Questions asked to my Friends –
- Write a program for LRU Scheduling Implementation?
- How a task manager works in Windows?
Out of 25 only 2 are selected by Microsoft IDC. I was not one of them. Most of us are eliminated after First Technical Interview.
In coding round the selection is based on time taken to make the code (Since codes are easy). Mine were not efficient. So try to complete as early as possible.