Informatica Interview Experience Set 3 (Aug 2016)
Profile: R & D Engineer
Eligibility: CGPA >= 6.5
Recently Informatica visited to our Campus for FTE recruitment.
Here is my experience.
Round 1 (45 Minutes): There are 30 MCQs (no negative marking) was asked and focus on following topics:
System Approx 32 students cleared 1st round.
Round 2 (90 Minutes): There are 4 Questions asked to code on Cocube.com
- Given a string in encoded form, decode it. Some rules were explained in the question based on which we had to come up with an algorithm. (Cannot use temporary string) (3 Marks)
- Find Median of 2 sorted array(3 Marks)
- Floor and ceil from a BST(5 Marks)
- Find number of Islands(5 Marks)
Only 8 students cleared this round who solved 3 or 4 questions and i was one of them solved all 4 questions :P
Round 3 (60 Minutes) Technical interview:
- Discussion about Project.
- Oops Concept in details (Tips: Explain with Examples)
- What is virtual function, where it is use and how virtual function is implemented.
- Implement Vector class in C++ with exception handling.
Round 4 (60 Minutes) Technical interview :
- Add two large number represented as strings.
- AVL Tree, Height of Tree, Max Heap, Minheap , Types of Tree
- B Tree (I told i don’t know).
- Find name and sum of salary of employees in a particular year, I wrote Query with help of group by.
- He asked me about my electives paper (Tips: Don’t tell those elective papers which you don’t know about otherwise they will ask questions from that paper).
- Asked about server side scripting language, i worked on PHP.
- What do you think about Informatica?
- Any Questions about company, i asked 4 or 5 questions about company culture, timing etc.
Round 5 (20 Minutes) HR interview:
- How was your previous interview?
- How was your online coding round and asked about difficulties level of questions?
- What did you learn from previous rounds of interview?
- Tell me about your family.
- Do you drink? I said NO. so he asked me why ?
- Why should i hire you?
- Tell me something about yourself which makes you unique.
- Why did you not get a job after BCA?
Round 6 (30 Minutes) Technical interview:
- Merge Intervals
- Difference between Process and Thread.
- What is Deadlock and conditions for deadlock?
- Difference between Hold and Wait and Circular wait.
- Producer and Consumer Problem.
** Interviewers were very helpful whenever i got stuck then they always help in right direction. Finally 2 students got placed and i was one of them :D
- Be cool and calm while solving coding questions and start with your approach of solving problem and after that write clean code.
- Always try to engage interviewers with your answer.
- Whenever you get chance to ask questions then be prepare for that.
- Always be honest while answering HR questions